April 18, 2018
Pittsburgh Business Pitch Entrepreneur Finalists Announced; Text Voting Begins April 20
Six start-up businesses have been selected as finalists for the Pittsburgh Business Pitch program, giving them the opportunity to be named “Pittsburgh’s Best Business Idea” and to receive support and services that will help them launch their brand and company.
The Pittsburgh Business Pitch looks for entrepreneurs with great business ideas within the 10-county western Pennsylvania region. Following a six-day voting period, the winner will be named during the Pittsburgh Business Show, the area’s largest business-for-business trade show and networking event, being held at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center on April 25 and 26, 2018.
Voting starts Friday, April 20, and ends on Thursday, April 26, using a text-to-vote system that is sponsored by Fyre, Inc., a Pittsburgh-based company that delivers solutions for businesses with mobile marketing needs. The finalists will be provided with a booth on the main floor of the Pittsburgh Business Show, where they will compete for votes by presenting their business idea to the attendees, exhibitors, and Pitch sponsors.
A panel of sponsors selected the following six finalists:
- Gypsy Artistry: Founded by Tanya Bashor, this business offers pop-up style art and crafting services to anyone who wants to take the hassle out of crafting and create a personalized craft. To vote for Gypsy Artist, text ART to 39187.
- Smoke Detective: Founded by CEO Stephen Davis, this patent-pending program can turn any camera-enabled smart device into a smoke detector without the need for additional hardware or calibration. To vote for Smoke Detective, text SMOKE to 39187.
- UnaTrades: Founded by Frank Polito, UnaTrades is an online marketplace like Amazon or Groupon that allows people to save money on products and services but also helps them to make money. To vote for UnaTrades, text TRADE to 39187.
- Cruisin’ Tikis: Founded by President David McCue, Cruisin’ Tikis Pittsburgh plans to offer two-hour sightseeing tiki boat cruises on the Three Rivers beginning in May. To vote for Cruisin’ Tikis Pittsburgh, text TIKI to 39187.
- Crystal Clean Canz: Founded by CEO Mark Shemansky, this professional garbage can and recycling bin cleaning service will have cans looking and smelling new. To vote for Crystal Clean Canz, text CLEAN to 39187.
- DisSolves: Founded by Pittsburgh native Jared Raszewski, DisSolves introduces an innovative form of dissolvable, edible packaging that can be used to package powered drink mixes, leaving behind no mess or waste. To vote for DisSolves, text DISSOLVES to 39187.
This year’s Pittsburgh Business Show includes exhibitors, 30+ speakers and workshops, and several large-scale networking events for business owners, executives, and employees. The agenda also features new events including the inaugural Business Choice Awards and speed networking opportunities. Discounted two-day tickets are available here and allow attendees to gain entrance to all events at the Pittsburgh Business Show on April 25 and 26, 2018.